One of the most important steps to creating the absolute best photos to market your home takes place before the photographer ever steps foot on-site.
Here are some gentle reminders and helpful tips to ensure your home shows it’s best on the day of your session!
- contain pets out of sight
- remove all vehicles from driveways and do not park in front of the house
- move garbage cans so they cannot be seen from the street
- remove garden tools, hoses and sprinklers (the bright green of garden hoses can be an eye-draw in photographs distracting from the overall beauty of the home)
- mow and rake the yard
- sweep driveways and sidewalks
- remove piles of magazines and newspapers
- Clear counters in kitchen and bathroom areas (what looks like decoration in person often looks like clutter in photographs)
- put indoor trash cans out of sight
- clean all photos and drawings from refrigerator
- remove small rugs, especially in kitchen area near sink, in some bathrooms
- make sure all light bulbs are working (replace any that are not)
- windex windows/sliding doors, clean/shine countertops, clean glass fronts of aquariums, TVs – any other reflective surface.
- remove personal photos sitting on tables or bed-side stands
- check the neatness of bed linens
- turn on all lights
- conceal any evidence of pets (such as pet cages or food bowls)