I am a photographer based in Purcellville, Virginia, a beautiful, small-town suburb of Northern Virginia located about 1 hour west of Washington D.C. From 2009 to mid-2012 I worked as a professional real estate photographer. I also did a limited number of portrait sessions (mainly newborns and seniors) as well as provided both headshots and event photography for performing arts groups (color guards, marching bands and theatre groups).
Mid-2012 I decided to head in a new direction. One which I hope will bring together my passions for education, travel and photography. While I shift directions, this website will be my home on the web for sharing my ongoing photography projects and updates as the new project develops.
Here are a few random fun facts!
- I’m a M.O.M. – that is a “Mother of Multiples!” Mom to identical twins who keep me busy, busy, busy!
- I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE musical theater – if I could do anything for fun any evening of the year I’d go see a show (or maybe even be in one!)!
- In my previous life I was a high school biology and chemistry teacher. I have a great love of the nature in my backyard so a picture or two might pop up from time to time here!
- In my heart I am a teacher – no matter what the subject I have a compulsion to share what I learn with others. So I secretly LOVE that my new career almost mandates that I maintain a blog! I get to share fun ideas with readers and clients every week!
- I am passionate about the marching arts. What a fantastic activity marching band and winter guard is for so many young people. So many life lessons learned. I’ve been part of the marching arts world since I was 10 years old, first as a baton twirler, then in the colorguard (clarinet player in the symphonic band) and then as a coach. Now I maintain a blog for colorguard coaches (www.colorguardeducators.com) in addition to my work as a photographer.
- I completed 2 years towards a degree in vocal music performance. Although that is only put into practice these days in the quiet of my own home.
- I LOVE living in Northern Virginia. I can’t think of anywhere else that has so many great opportunities for families – and such a nice mix of rural and suburban – small towns and nearby shopping malls. Rural town festivals and u-pick farms with short drives to historic museums and national monuments.
- I like to crochet and do craft projects.
- I believe in kindness. And giving. In sharing. In compassion.
- Whoever said musicals aren’t like “real life” has never been in my home… my girls and I can be heard singing randomly throughout our house all day long…
- I am married to my high school sweetheart who is just about the most patient person in the world.
- And well… I hate to cook… need to work on that one!